2014年6月9日月曜日

The Best Day Of My Life

  I cherish every day that I live now. In these days, the best day in my life is November 3rd,
2012. The day is when I got a thing I had wanted. I will never forget that day.
  I was belonged to a kado club when I entered this university. Kado is flower arrangement
club. We regularly used to practice arranging flowers. Most of freshmen are beginners, but
our veteran teacher and seniors kindly teach them, so they improve gradually. In June every
year, we hold the event that shows our flower arrangements in this school, and sometimes
we participate in lectures.
  The biggest event of the kado club is Takuma festival. We prepare for the days from
summer vacation. We fight with other clubs to get the highest award for the exhibition sector.
When I was a freshman, we got the second highest award. When I was a sophomore, we
got the third highest award. I remember we felt regret.
  After our kind and excellent seniors retired, I became the leader of this club. We invited
people to our club and taught them. I was glad that our members enjoyed arranging flower
and got along with each other.
  I had some mottos as a leader. My final goal was to get the highest award with these
members. Fortunately, the members who started with me also thought so.
However, we heard a shocking news from our treasury. The aid from the school for that
year was cut by 100,000 yen from the amount of the last year. We were troubled by that,
because the cost of flowers are so high. We considered, and decided to bargain with the
president of the flower shop.
  Our club has been helped by him for decades. We went to his shop and told him our
situation. He approved without hesitation. He said that our club had used to get highest
award until a few years, but those years, our seniors hadn't even though they tried, so he
wanted us to get the top prize. He had same feeling as us. We were relieved, and struck by
his kindness. I decided to get the award for him too.
  We started to prepare. First of all, we designed the inside of the room we would use at for the takuma festival days. It was so hard, and we repeatedly discussed about it and changed
our plans. Next, we went to buy materials for making objects. We made them on holidays
and after school. We continued to do these tasks every day until the takuma festival day.
Early morning in the week before the day, we went to the flower market with the president,
and chose flowers. He gave us advice about which flowers to choose. The other clubs also
made objects. When I saw them, I felt that we would lose, because they made such an
impact. We had a handicap, because there were only girls in my clubs. We couldn’t make
things too heavy, because the time for carrying things to the room and setting them up was
limited. I thought we would not get third highest award let alone the highest award if we went
on.
  The early morning on the day before takuma festival, we gathered and carried all of
objects to the room. The night before, we went to the flower shop and arranged flowers with
all of the members. Early that morning, we carried all the flowers to the room.
  Takuma festival started, a lot of people visited our room. The president and our teacher
also visited. They told us it was beautiful and interesting. We were glad to hear that. We
continued to work on the room until the judges came. I frustrated by African daisies,
because they wither quickly. When the judges came, we explained the points of our
exhibition. I mainly talked about the language of the flowers, because I thought it was most
favorable point.
  At last, November 3, the award ceremony started. Before that, we relaxed to forget
stresses of these days. When the announcement of awards for the exhibition sector started,
all of us joined hands with each other. We were very scared. I wished we would get only
third highest award. When the third highest award was announced, for good or bad, the
name of our club were not called. We got more scared, and some of us already were starting
to cry. Next, the announcement of the second highest award came. “Kado” Our name was
called! We ran to the stage. I went up the stage and received the award. All of us cried, and I
made a speech, but I don’t remember what I said. I was happiest in that we have lived up to
now. I thanked the president, our teacher, our seniors, the judges, all people who cheered

for us, and my special and lovely members of kado.

818/6165

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿