2015年1月25日日曜日

BR 2-14 Nelson Mandela

Mandela's meetings with de Klerk were very difficult, but at the end of 1993, Mandela and de Klerk won the Nobel Peace Prize. The two men were not friends, but that didn't stop them. They worked for a new South Africa.
(Coleen, 2001, p.21)

This is the story about the time when Nelson Mandela got the Nobel Peace Prize. He is a very famous prisident of former South Africa. He fighted for the black people. He had been fighting when he was younng, he arrested about treason. He studied a lot though he had been the prison for twenty-seven years. He never gave up however hard situations he was in. After his punishment, he became Prisident of the ANC, got the Novel Peace Prize, and became Prisident of South Africa.

I had known his name. I studied him at high school rather than TV program, because I was a child when he played these activities. I have never heard another people who fight for the black people besides him. I think he is the representative person in the long world history who fight about apartheid. I don't feel racism in these days. I think it is because I am Japanese and I have been to foreign country not so much. Indeed, I have never seen racism in front of me, so I don't know about it not so much. However, I guess the racism had decreased than at the time before his actives. Japanese are happy because we don't feel rasism. However, I think we need not to forget this problem of rasism.

Coleen Degnan-Veness, 2001, Nelson Mandela, PENGUIN READERS

269/11442

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿